Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BOO!







The 3rd Annual Holt Halloween Party has come and gone, again. I was the White Witch of Narnia, Finn was a Power Ranger at the last minute (we also had a ghost, a skeleton and a partial Shark Boy costume in the waiting) and Jack was a long, tall cowboy. (Several of my girlfriends commented that Jack should dress as a cowboy more often. Wink wink.)
The yard was totally full of friends and neighbors, the trampoline was a big hit and too much candy was eaten by all! After trick-or-treating we came back and showed outdoor movies. All the babes cozied up with pillows and blankets to try and calm down. There was a LOT of sugar coursing through veins by that point though.
Finn had a hard time this year. Hosting such a huge party takes days of getting ready. By the time the party gets here he's pretty worn out. I spent a lot of time this year in his room with him just chillin' out. My heart was heavy knowing that my boy would have preferred that we be "just us three." He also wanted to spend more time trick-or-treating than partying. I think that's the last one we'll do for awhile. Of course, the next day he was adamant that we do it again next year. I think that, perhaps, Halloween is thriling enough without throwing a party into the mix.
For the 3rd year in a row we forgot to bob for apples at the actual shindig. Finn and Jack and I bobbed for a few days afterwards. Bobbing is not just for Halloween anymore. I highly recommend it, it's so FUN!
Y'all come on by and we'll bob!
Love,
Jack, Michele and Finnigan the Curious



No comments: