Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bold The Things You've Done

This has been going around blogworld for some time. I love this kind of stuff so here's my Bold The Things You've Done list:



1. Started your own blog. Obviously. Joyfully.

2. Slept under the stars. Oh, my, yes.

3. Played in a band. In my dreams.

4. Visited Hawaii. Can you believe I lived in LA for 10 years and never went to Hawaii?

5. Watched a meteor shower.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity. Yes, often.

7. Been to Disneyland/world. Disneyland as an adult with my mama and brother.


8. Climbed a mountain. Nothing impressive, but, yes.

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang/played a solo

11. Bungee jumped. I can't imagine ever doing this.

12. Visited Paris. Oui! Oui!

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. Glorious. I miss sailing so much. Wonder why I don't just do it?

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. I guess. All my art is from scratch, really.
15. Adopted a child. I truly, truly hope to someday.
16. Had food poisoning. Blech, yes. I've also had "food poisoning" many times on Monday mornings.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. What a beauty she is.

18. Grown your own vegetables. Joy Joy Joy!

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. So tiny! REad the DaVinci code, if you haven't.

20. Slept on an overnight train. Mmm, yes. I LOVE trains.
21. Had a pillow fight. Every day.
22. Hitch hiked. I've watched too many horror films.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. I've taken sick years!
24. Built a snow fort. Just wood forts.

25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping. Whenever possible and at the drop of a pants, er, hat.

27. Run a Marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse. I remember it so well.

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Both. Some of those sunrises were not so great, if you get my drift.

31. Hit a home run. I've scored a home run though. Hee hee.

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. No, but Finn really wants to go so, maybe this year?

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Erin Go Braugh!

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language. The language of a loving heart is what I'm learning right now.


37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person. He drives a Humvee, if you know what I mean.

41. Sung karaoke. Documented, even.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant. Buying food for the homeless is one of the greatest pleasures known to mankind. Try it sometime!

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight

46. Been transported in an ambulance. I don't remember it though.

47. Had your portrait painted


48. Gone deep sea fishing. Absolutely broke my heart to see these great fish caught. I'd never go again.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater. I grew up going to Showtown USA. No kidding.

55. Been in a movie. Ahem. AND on The Price Is Right, in case you're not impressed already.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business. Several. In my mind.
58. Taken a martial arts class . Qi Gong with Master Li.

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies--I've eaten plenty, does that count?

62. Gone whale watching. Saw them too! Life changing, indeed.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason

4. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check. Oops!


68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. I found 2 old dolls of mine when I was in college and then lost them again. Boo hoo.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt. No, but I've tried to learn to knit for about 20 years.

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job. Not that I can think of. It's possible that it happened during some "lost years" though.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London


77. Broken a bone

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person


80. Published a book. You can too. Blurb.com

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. I've cooked crabs before. I could never do it again. Having a child made my heart absolutely destructable.

88. Had chickenpox. No, but I have a natural immunity to them.

89. Saved someone’s life. Supposedly, I saved Sam Magee from drowning. I have often thought that perhaps Sam "wanted" to be saved.

90. Sat on a jury. Got the boot due to my "history".

91. Met someone famous. ML + MG = Love 4ever. Hee hee.

92. Joined a book club. I'm in one now.

93. Lost a loved one. My Daddy and my sweet babies.

94. Made a baby. I made some, but only got to have one. I miss them all every day, every minute, every second with all my heart.

95. Seen the Alamo in person. Go Vols!


96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake. Nope. But the first time I flew over them I thought the plane was going the wrong way and we were over the ocean. Really.

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone. Blah blah blah.

99. Been stung by a bee
The End

No comments: