Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Love Tree


I saw this Love Tree on The Sparkling Martin's blog and I just had to make one with Finny.
You simply find a tree branch and strip the leaves off. Then you make little hearts and write the names of those you love on them and hang them in the tree. We had a little stuffed bird that we added to ours. This project was so cute that Finny even worked on it for, oh, about 10 minutes which is a crafting record for him. He thought that folding the paper and then cutting half-hearts out (which unfold into full hearts) was the coolest thing ever. I think Dayna and her babe, Ivy, made the hearts out of felt and stuffed them. I had to go for quickie hearts cuz my boy wanted me to jump jump jump on our new trampoline with him. But, really, it's the sweetest little thing ever. I just love it. I think we'll make them for Valentine's Day too. It will be hard to top the Love Boxes I made last year, but the Love Trees just might do it.
Here's who Finny put on his Love Tree:
Finn
Mama
Daddy
Grandmary
Meema
Uncle Roo
Aunt Mara
Mimi
Bridget
Bowie
Coston and Braeden
Gus
I'm SO grateful he could think of so many people that he loves. His life is just full of love.
I have been feeling so close and tender with my family of late. We had good, good friends who lost their homes in hurricane Ike. They lost everything, really. Every little thing. I am so grateful that they are safe and sound, but my heart is so raw for them. I hope they know how much we love them. Maybe a Love Tree is in order for them too?
We sure love y'all,
Michele, Jack and Finnigan the Curious

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting my name on your Love Tree.
I love all of you from the bottom of my heart and am so happy that, although I am a part of All Man, I am
an "extra" a part of you.

Love, Grandmary 9-19-08