Saturday, January 3, 2009

Uncles and Aunts!













Oh, how grateful I am that Finny has these people in his life.
Aunt Mara and Albert came rockin' into Austin and our lives. Filled us right on up up with love and food and music. Special thanks to Albert for learning "Summer of 69" - the punk version - on the fly.
Aunt Mimi has been on Slices and Ices duty as well as on "really good gift" duty. She helped us decorate Mema's tree too.
Uncle Roo came in from Denver and played for hours. And hours. And hours. We ate out, went to the movies, jumped on the tramp, shopped at Target. Roo bought not one, but two, remote control helicopters!
I know Finn will remember these times. If not consciously, then in his bones for sure. The feeling of people loving him, caring for him, PLAYING with him. Those feelings will infuse him and he will grow up feeling special, adored, honored, enjoyed.
We are so lucky.
Thanks to all of you travelers for taking time out of your lives to come and be with us. I know how it is to spend all your free vacation time leaving your home to go "home." I know "home" is not here for any of you (anymore), but I hope we helped you feel homey while you were here. You certainly made our home feel more real.
We are so grateful to you. Truly.
Love,
Mama Holt and Finnigan the Curious

1 comment:

Alex Polikowsky said...

Hey I love reading your blog.
I wanted to send you a private e-mail. I can't seem to find an address here. Can you post it or sent to me
alexia at hotmail . com
HAppy New Year!