Thursday, January 29, 2009

For the love of thrift!


I just looooove thrifting. I swear I'd rather find an amazing deal in a thrift store than have 1,000.00 to spend at Crate and Barrel. (OK, that's pushing it, but you know what I mean)
Yesterday I found a MUCH longed for pair of Ugg boots. Jack was going to get me some when he was in New Zealand and/or Australia, but apparently they're all assembled in China now and he said they felt "different" that the ones Finn has. Boo hoo. But THEN I went to my favorite thrift store, Savers, and THERE THEY SAT just waiting for me. Old-school ones made in New Zealand and almost brand spankin' new. My heart was pounding as I reached down to see what size they were...HOLY TOLEDO...MY SIZE!
I said a heartfelt thanks to the thrifting goddess and gave them a big hug.
I've barely taken them off once since.
Now Finny and I have matching boots. Since he refuses to wear matching dresses I think this is a good compromise.
Love y'all!
Michele, Jack and Finnigan the Curious

2 comments:

Erica said...

LOA at it's finest! Enjoy your boots!

The Curious Holts said...

Exactly! weeeeeee.