Sunday, March 15, 2009

Family Art (and feet)

One of the things we like to do late at night when everyone is tired, but no one feels like sleeping yet is family art. There's something so fun about all of us painting together. We roll out a big, long strip of paper (Save your Christmas paper. If you buy cheapo paper like I do then you can just turn it over and you'll have a big roll of white paper to draw on!)
Something so interesting happens when we all paint together - I, the family "crafter" draw very traditional things and I can't seem to think outside that box. I draw houses and flowers and birds and rainbows, stuff like that. My two boys, SO much the engineers, will just draw the loveliest random stuff. They use the coolest color combos and cover the whole paper with abandon. I sit over in my spot, drawing the way I was "taught."
Finn likes to paint then cover it all up with black. He does this a lot. He says he likes knowing that his picture is hiding under the black. Cool. Strange and cool.
Who's crafty now, huh?
Love,
Michele, Jack and Finnigan the Curious

1 comment:

Erica said...

Finn is AMAZING! There are many moments that I think "Wow, what a cool kid!"