Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sweet Grandmary turns 75!




Oh my goodness! How can it BE that my sweet mama is 75?
And a lovely 75 she is!
We had ourselves a good ole time of it too. Finn and Jack and I drove over for a couple of nights. We all went to Beaumont for lunch with 2 of Mama's oldest friends; Carol Jean and Miss Sonia. They've been friends since before I was born. I think it's going on 50 years. FIFTY YEARS of being friends and all that that entails - babies, divorces, second marriages, losing children, gaining grandchildren, loving, grieving, living - you know, friends.
I was so honored to be there for this celebration of life and love and women. Even though we had some fine men there, it seemed to be so much about us women. How we just go on and on and love and live in spite of it all. What a beautiful and magical example these women have been to me.
Most of all my Mama. I love my Mama so much it hurts. She is my anchor, my compass, my sail. Without her I would lost at sea...gone adrift never to return. Not a day goes by that I do not think of her and feel her in my heart. I am eternally grateful I got to give her a grandchild. I am even more grateful that my child gets to know his Grandmary. I could have never explained to him how magical she was if he had not known her for himself.
Happy Birthday Grandmary. We love you so.
Michele, Jack and Finnigan the Curious

No comments: